Monday, February 06, 2006

My first post

You're going to have to bare with me for a while. I've never done anything like this before and I'm afraid that my grasp of the language might not be anywhere near as comprehensive as I believe it to be, let alone as humourous.

By way of a brief introduction, let me tell you what's on my mind...

I've lived in now for about 5 years. I love the place. As soon as I arrived here, I wondered why the hell I'd been wasting my time in all those other places.

But doesn't give you anything for free. You have to work at it. And I mean work. When you do work, though, the rewards are plentiful.

My problem at the moment is that I stopped working. I stopped going to the bars, talking to the bartenders and generally lost my place in the bar scene. There was a time where I was known by most of the decent bartenders and doormen in the area but then I found The Blonde and settled into a pizza-and-DVD groove that's starting to drive me mental.

Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces but I do need to get out a bit more.

So, this is where I chronical my adventures. Maybe people will watch, maybe they'll even take part. Maybe I'll just be sending my thoughts out into the void. Only time will tell.

3 Comments:

At 3:23 pm, Blogger Turkish7 said...

I found you started your blog on a very catchy and interesting note. The way you wrote your first blog about the pizza and DVD groove just made me smile, because at least I am not the only one in that bloody rut.
Art, living, music, entertainment, museums etc... that is what we are supposed to be living mate.
Only difference is that my blonde is rather my wife and I live in Montreal...
Keep it up my friend.

 
At 3:29 pm, Blogger TheLondonGuy said...

Hey, my first comment! Thanks very much. I'm afraid the procrastinator in me has neglected to do anything worthwhile for the past couple of days but the weekend is almost upon us and I'm looking forward to taking The Blonde exploring.

I'll be sure to post anything interesting.

 
At 11:05 pm, Blogger Daga said...

People will watch ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home