Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Plan

Now, it would be all too easy to go at this without too much thought. I could visit bars willy-nilly without making too much progress and where would that get us? What we need is a plan.

For those who haven't quite grasped what I'm doing here, it can be boiled down to this; I want to feel that I'm getting the most out of . It's an expensive place to live but it's the most amazing city in the world. But what's the point of living in (and paying for) the most amazing city in the world if I stay in and watch every night? I might as well half my rent and move to .

You know the feeling you get when you've just seen a brilliant concert, art exhibition, attraction or sporting event? That's what I want. You don't get that from the sofa, from the or even from a newspaper. So I need to go out and get it.

Now here's the catch. I want to do it without breaking the bank. Actually, I NEED to do it without breaking the bank. As I've said before, I'm in this incredible place and I'm going to enjoy it. The problem is that has a habit of sucking the cash straight out of your pocket as soon as you leave the house.

I'm starting out with a copy of . My first challenge is to find an event for the weekend. I'll let you know how I get on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home